On December 1st in hostile territory, the Ospreys lost big to the 21st ranked Golden Gophers, 87-59.
Minnesota controlled the game by dominating offensive rebounding and also maintaining a statistical advantage in turnover margin.
There was a big gap in offensive rebounding with Minnesota tallying 25 offensive boards compared to 16 by North Florida. The Golden Gophers managed the game very well, registering only 13 turnovers to 22 for the Ospreys.
Parker Smith had the most points against the Golden Gophers, scoring 22 on 31% shooting in 33 minutes. Will Wilson led both teams with six assists.
The Ospreys are now 3-5.
Up next is Pittsburgh on the road on December 8th.
North Florida Game Notes:
- Parker Smith has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- In 100% of losses this season, North Florida has recorded 12 or fewer free throws made.
- Parker Smith accounted for 37.2% of the team's points.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:16 left to go.
- The last time UNF recorded at least 22 turnovers was Nov 21, 2011 against Ohio State (link).
Minnesota Game Notes:
- Rodney Williams set a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
- Rodney Williams has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 4 times in 9 games this season.
- Rodney Williams has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Austin Hollins set a career high with 5 offensive rebounds and 4 blocks.
- Joe Coleman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Parker Smith
, Will Wilson